Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mini Blog Project















Photo Credit: Andy Wu

May 4th, 2010
Today, I did an experiment that involved very simple things that everyone could do. The experiment involves a little bit of corn starch, water, and it shows what suspension is. It is basically something that can change from a liquid to a solid fairly quickly unless you do some specific things to it.

To do this experiment, you simply need 3 things.

Materials:
  1. Corn starch
  2. Water
  3. A bowl
Science: Suspension is a heterogeneous mixture that can change states such as water to solid which is what happens exactly in the corn starch and water mixture.



The experiment was pretty fun but it was a little messy. The corn starch mixture was able to stay solid if i moved it around my fingers and it would harden on my hands. If I didn't move my fingers at all, it would just slip through my hands. When i washed my hands with water, everything was very easy to get off as it just slid off my hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment